|Posted on : 5th Jun 2018 05:55
||Posted by : Quagmire
Mara came when I was feeling neglected and unappreciated in my other community. I think I shall use this thread Finding Purpose to keep a running list of how I find my purpose here.. Why pUrPoSe??? Because in this Season of my life I need to be doing things that make me feel life is being lived fully...
Beef and Cabbage soup
• 1 pound lean ground beef
• 3 cloves garlic, minced
• salt and pepper
• ½ head cabbage, chopped
• 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
• 2 stalks celery, chopped
• 2 carrots, chopped
• 1 (16 ounce) can kidney beans, drained
• 3½ cups Beef Broth
• 1 Tablespoon McCormick Italian Seasoning
• 1 Tablespoon Mrs. Dash
5 Jun 11:13
1. In a large pot or dutch oven, add the ground beef and brown. Add the garlic, and salt and pepper to taste. Add chopped cabbage, diced tomatoes, celery, carrots, kidney beans, broth, and Italian seasoning.
2. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and let simmer for an hour. Garnish with parsley if desired.
For crockpot (perfect to use while at work):
1. Fry ground beef with seasonings (I tend to put in seasonings to taste not always by exact measurements.)
2. Put meat mixture into crockpot…add beef broth, onion, celery, carrots, tomatoes, and kidney beans in crockpot turn on high bring to boil then simmer on low for 4-6 hours. A ½ hour before serving turn back to high…add cabbage and cook until tender. Serve and enjoy!
May have to adjust the recipe to the size of unit used.